- a heavy blow with the hand or a hard object；influence or power, especially in politics or business
- hit hard with the hand or a hard object；mend with a patch
verb: clout, 3rd person present: clouts, gerund or present participle: clouting, past tense: clouted, past participle: clouted
noun: clout, plural noun: clouts
- 1. informal a heavy blow with the hand or a hard object a clout on the ear 同義詞
- 2. informal influence or power, especially in politics or business I knew he carried a lot of clout 同義詞
- 3. archaic a piece of cloth or clothing, especially one used as a patch.
- 4. a target used in long-distance shooting, placed flat on the ground with a flag marking its center.
- ▪ a shot that hits a clout.
- 1. informal hit hard with the hand or a hard object I clouted him on the head
- 2. archaic mend with a patch he helps the women clout their pans