- a heavy blow with the hand or a hard object；influence or power, especially in politics or business
- hit (someone or something) hard；mend with a patch
verb: clout, 3rd person present: clouts, gerund or present participle: clouting, past tense: clouted, past participle: clouted
noun: clout, plural noun: clouts
- 1. informal a heavy blow with the hand or a hard object a clout round the ear 同義詞
- 2. informal influence or power, especially in politics or business I knew she carried a lot of clout 同義詞
- 3. archaic a piece of cloth or article of clothing.
- 4. a target twelve times the usual size, placed flat on the ground with a flag marking its centre and used in long-distance shooting.
- ▪ a long-distance shot that hits a clout.
- 5. short for clout nail
- 1. informal hit (someone or something) hard I clouted him round the head
- 2. archaic mend with a patch he helps the women clout their pans
- a nail with a large flat head, used chiefly for securing roofing felt.
- do not discard your winter clothes until summer has fully arrived
- a heavy blow with the hand or a hard object: a clout on the ear
- hit hard with the hand or a hard object: I clouted him on the head
Oxford American Dictionary
...召集並讓支持者激動起來 9. conduct a review - 進行一個檢討會 10.wield enormous clout - 用力的/激烈的打擊 (這題有點不太確定,要看原文) 11. on offer - 待售的,供售...
...06-07 00:50:08 補充： 1. 若是ever-growing,可以翻不斷在 成長的; clout 是 power, Influence 的意思, 視上下文可以 翻成 經濟強權 or...
...of the Hall voltage against compressive strength of mortar, its flow data, and clouted time setting. The research indicates that stability of the...