- the part of the land near the sea; the edge of the land；the Pacific coast of North America.
- (of a person or vehicle) move easily without using power；act or make progress without making much effort
verb: coast, 3rd person present: coasts, gerund or present participle: coasting, past tense: coasted, past participle: coasted
noun: coast, plural noun: coasts
- 1. the part of the land near the sea; the edge of the land the west coast of Africa they sailed further up the coast
- ▪ North American the Pacific coast of North America.
- 2. a run or movement in or on a vehicle without the use of power once the coast to the moon had begun, Apollo was separated from the third stage
- 1. (of a person or vehicle) move easily without using power the engines stopped, and the craft coasted along
- ▪ act or make progress without making much effort he coasted to victory
- 2. sail along the coast, especially in order to carry cargo he coasted down the eastern shore