- a long, narrow box, typically of wood, in which a corpse is buried or cremated；an old and unsafe aircraft or vessel.
- put (a dead body) in a coffin
noun: coffin, plural noun: coffins
verb: coffin, 3rd person present: coffins, gerund or present participle: coffining, past tense: coffined, past participle: coffined
- 1. a long, narrow box, typically of wood, in which a corpse is buried or cremated:
they lowered her coffin into the ground
- 2. an old and unsafe aircraft or vessel.
- 1. put (a dead body) in a coffin:
the young man was coffined decently
在棺材上敲上一根釘子=＞給予致命一擊。 2011-06-25 01:04:48 補充： 訂正: 給予沈重的一擊。 Thanks to rjamesho 大師. 2011-06-25 22:51:17 補充： 另外，致命一擊：the final (last) nail in the coffin。
Cause: "Coffin" original"the chicken liver plank", because...repast in Tainan. Special features: Coffin is what, have never eaten of the person often...
把他/她的棺材釘上最後一跟釘子. 斷送他/她的意思. 另外種講法就是 finish him/her off. 有結束, 了斷的意思. 希望有幫助!