- (of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent；(of a person) able to speak clearly and logically
- 1. (of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent they failed to develop a coherent economic strategy
- ▪ (of a person) able to speak clearly and logically she was lucid and coherent and did not appear to be injured
- 2. united as or forming a whole divided into a number of geographically coherent kingdoms
- 3. (of waves) having a constant phase relationship.
Coherent 是比較用在 通順 上面比如說你說這篇文章前後很通順 你就說 It ...
A paragraph is coherent when, its sentences are related to...主要動詞, 不合文法. 所以整句應是: A paragraph is coherent, when its sentences are related to...
在寫作技巧上，Cohesive指的是句子甚至是段落是否通順; 而Coherence 指的是文章整體是否通順，其包含大至段落的起承轉合，概念是否一致，所用句子是否符合此概念。大家可能認為怎麼這麼麻煩，這若真的深究下去會是一篇沒完沒了的論文，簡單說這是語言學家...