- (of a structure) fall down or in; give way；cause (something) to fall in or give way
- an instance of a structure falling down or in；a sudden failure of an institution or undertaking
verb: collapse, 3rd person present: collapses, gerund or present participle: collapsing, past tense: collapsed, past participle: collapsed
- 1. (of a structure) fall down or in; give way the roof collapsed on top of me 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause (something) to fall in or give way it feels as if the slightest pressure would collapse it many people tend to collapse the distinction between the two concepts
- ▪ (of a lung or blood vessel) become flat and empty with the walls fallen inward she was so dehydrated that her veins had collapsed
- ▪ cause (a lung or blood vessel) to collapse he had an operation to collapse his lung
- 2. (of a person) fall down and become unconscious, typically through illness or injury he collapsed from loss of blood 同義詞
- ▪ sit or lie down as a result of tiredness or amusement exhausted, he collapsed on the bed the three of them collapsed with laughter
- 3. (of an institution or undertaking) fail suddenly and completely in the face of such resolve his opposition finally collapsed 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a price or currency) drop suddenly in value the price of oil collapsed
- 4. fold or be folded to fit into a small space some cots collapse down to fit into a bag
- ▪ compress a displayed part of (a spreadsheet or other electronic document) tabulation programs can be used to collapse this list in various ways
- 1. an instance of a structure falling down or in the collapse of a railroad bridge the church roof is in danger of collapse 同義詞
- ▪ a sudden failure of an institution or undertaking the collapse of the Ottoman Empire 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a physical or mental breakdown he suffered a collapse from overwork she's lying there in a state of collapse 同義詞
...相同的用法還有the rich, the poor, the old..etc.) 2. The case later collapsed. 整合 1 跟 2 --> The case which was against the accused...
根據英文韋氏辭典, collapse的意思有以下幾種: Main Entry: 1col·lapse...the force of external pressure <a blood vessel that collapsed> 2 : to break down completely : DISINTEGRATE &...
...quot;are", because it is a compound subject. Q#3 為什麼是用collapsed不用collapsing? Only when building is collapsed...