- (of a structure) having fallen down or given way；(of a lung or blood vessel) flat and empty with the walls fallen inwards
- 1. (of a structure) having fallen down or given way:
an abandoned building with a collapsed roof
- 2. (of a lung or blood vessel) flat and empty with the walls fallen inwards:
he was admitted to hospital with a collapsed lung
- 3. (of a person) having fallen down and become unconscious:
police officers rushed to the aid of the collapsed woman
- 4. having failed completely:
the country's collapsed economy
compensation for workers in collapsed pension schemes
...相同的用法還有the rich, the poor, the old..etc.) 2. The case later collapsed. 整合 1 跟 2 --> The case which was against the accused...
根據英文韋氏辭典, collapse的意思有以下幾種: Main Entry: 1col·lapse...the force of external pressure <a blood vessel that collapsed> 2 : to break down completely : DISINTEGRATE &...
...quot;are", because it is a compound subject. Q#3 為什麼是用collapsed不用collapsing? Only when building is collapsed...