- 碰上, 偶然遇到；衝向; 襲擊
- 1. 碰上, 偶然遇到 I came upon an old friend of mine in the library yesterday. 昨天我在圖書館碰上了我的一個老朋友。
- 2. 衝向; 襲擊 At this moment a strange idea came upon him. 此時, 他突然產生了一個奇怪的想法。
- 3. 降落在; 影響 A leaf came upon her book as she was reading. 她正讀著書, 一片樹葉落到她的書上。
- 4. 要求 My parents have never come upon us for anything. 我的父母從來沒向我們要求過任何東西。
- 5. 成為...的負擔 I will try to avoid coming upon my children in my old age. 我要盡力避免在晚年時成為孩子們的負擔。
.... (B) Come across = encounter, 遇到 We suddenly came upon a deer while walking in the woods. = to make good one's promise...
I came upon my missing ruler in turning out (the contents of) my drawer. =在清空抽屉裡的東西時，我找到了先前所遺失的那把尺。
...a girl ... Upon hearing her death, he wept sadly. She came upon us by surprise. 2014-04-29 12:27:12 補充： I rely on (or upon...