- formal or official praise；an award given for very good performance
noun: commendation, plural noun: commendations
- 1. formal or official praise the film deserved the highest commendation the book gives commendations for initiative 同義詞 praise, congratulation, appreciation, thanks, acclaim, ... 更多反義詞 criticism
- ▪ an award given for very good performance the detectives received commendations for bravery 同義詞 award, accolade, prize, honour, honourable mention, ... 更多反義詞 penalty
- ▪ a very good result in an examination or competition.
- praise: the film deserved the highest commendation commendations for their kindness
Oxford American Dictionary