- occurring, found, or done often; prevalent；(of an animal or plant) found or living in relatively large numbers; not rare
- a piece of open land for public use, especially in a village or town；(in the Christian Church) a form of service used for each of a group of occasions.
noun: common, plural noun: commons
- 1. occurring, found, or done often; prevalent salt and pepper are the two most common seasonings it's common for children to have middle ear infections 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of an animal or plant) found or living in relatively large numbers; not rare you might spot less common birds such as the great spotted woodpecker the swordfish is not common in European waters
- ▪ denoting the most widespread or typical species of an animal or plant the common blue spruce
- ▪ ordinary; of ordinary qualities; without special rank or position the dwellings of common people a common soldier 同義詞
- ▪ (of a quality) of a sort or level to be generally expected common decency
- ▪ of the most familiar type the common or vernacular name
- 2. shared by, coming from, or done by more than one the two republics' common border problems common to both communities 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ belonging to, open to, or affecting the whole of a community or the public common land 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ belonging to two or more quantities.
- 3. British showing a lack of taste and refinement; vulgar she's so common 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (in Latin and certain other languages) of or denoting a gender of nouns that are conventionally regarded as masculine or feminine, contrasting with neuter.
- ▪ (in English) denoting a noun that refers to individuals of either sex (e.g. teacher).
- 5. (of a syllable) able to be either short or long.
- 6. (of a crime) of relatively minor importance common assault
- 1. a piece of open land for public use, especially in a village or town we spent the morning tramping over the common looking for flowers
- 2. (in the Christian Church) a form of service used for each of a group of occasions.
其實 common 放在這裡沒有文法錯誤喔！但是句意會不一樣，句子結構也會改變。 １...了幾千年，但他們通常都在池塘裡。（粗略翻譯請見諒） ２）如果用 common： While fish have been kept by mankind for thousands...
創用授權 (或稱創用CC) 的願景 creative commons 是一種著作權的授權方式一般翻成"創用CC"，它是一種用善意...
...in Answers.com : A foundation for mutual understanding (3). Common ground : "共地", 也就是意指共同的交集或共識, 共同點...