- one of the ordinary or common people, as opposed to the aristocracy or to royalty；a person who has a right over another's land, e.g. for pasturage or mineral extraction
noun: commoner, plural noun: commoners
- 1. one of the ordinary or common people, as opposed to the aristocracy or to royalty this is the story of the commoner who married a king
- 2. a person who has a right over another's land, e.g. for pasturage or mineral extraction commoners' centuries-old grazing rights cattle and ponies owned by the commoners
- 3. (at some British universities) an undergraduate who does not have a scholarship a commoner's gown
- an ordinary person, without rank or title: this is the story of the commoner who married a king
Oxford American Dictionary
... wear skirts (chima) while men wear baggy pants (paji). Commoners wore white, except during festivals and special occassions such...
For royal family - use xerophagy. For commoners - use fast, fasting, or diet.
...any passersby- be it government officials, army officers, or commoners, should descend from their horses in front of the temple to show respect...