- not unusual; ordinary；not interesting or original; trite
- a usual or ordinary thing；a trite saying or topic; a platitude
noun: commonplace, plural noun: commonplaces
- 1. not unusual; ordinary:
unemployment was commonplace in his trade
- 2. not interesting or original; trite:
the usual commonplace remarks
- 1. a usual or ordinary thing:
bombing has become almost a commonplace of public life there
- 2. a trite saying or topic; a platitude:
it is a commonplace to talk of the young being alienated
- 3. a notable passage in a work copied into a commonplace book.
- adj.not unusual; ordinary:
- unemployment was commonplace in his profession
- n.a usual or ordinary thing:
- bombing has become almost a commonplace of public life there
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
... the spread of resistant bacteria. This means that commonplace medical procedures once previously taken for granted � hip...
...可以說就是這樣子 Ever since childhood I have scorned the commonplace limits so often set upon human ambition. Possession, outward success, publicity...
Injections are commonplace events in developingcountries. 打針注射在開發中國家是很...