- a state of confused and noisy disturbance；civil insurrection
noun: commotion, plural noun: commotions
- 1. a state of confused and noisy disturbance she was distracted by a commotion across the street they set off firecrackers to make a lot of commotion
- ▪ civil insurrection damage caused by civil commotion
- a riot or similar disturbance.
- a state of confused and noisy disturbance: she was distracted by a commotion across the street figure out what all the commotion is about
Oxford American Dictionary