- the ability to do something successfully or efficiently；the legal authority of a court or other body to deal with a particular matter
noun: competence, plural noun: competences
- 1. the ability to do something successfully or efficiently courses to improve the competence of staff the players displayed varying degrees of competence 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the legal authority of a court or other body to deal with a particular matter the court's competence has been accepted to cover these matters 同義詞
- ▪ a person's subconscious knowledge of the rules governing the formation of speech in their first language.
- ▪ effective performance of the normal function. 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. dated an income large enough to live on, typically an unearned one he found himself with an ample competence and no obligations