- the ability to do something successfully or efficiently；the legal authority of a court or other body to deal with a particular matter
noun: competence, plural noun: competences
- 1. the ability to do something successfully or efficiently the players displayed varying degrees of competence 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the legal authority of a court or other body to deal with a particular matter the court's competence has been accepted 同義詞
- ▪ the ability of a criminal defendant to stand trial, as gauged by their mental ability to understand the proceedings and to assist defense lawyers.
- ▪ a speaker's subconscious, intuitive knowledge of the rules of their language.
- ▪ effective performance of the normal function. 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. dated an income large enough to live on, typically unearned he found himself with an ample competence and no obligations
- the ability to do something successfully or efficiently: courses to improve the competence of staff the players displayed varying degrees of competence
...你一定會了解 What is the difference between "ability" and "competence" ? "Ability" and "competence" are the same, but...