- the action or fact of complying with a wish or command；excessive acquiescence
- 1. the action or fact of complying with a wish or command the ways in which the state maintains order and compliance
- ▪ excessive acquiescence the appalling compliance with government views shown by the commission 同義詞 acquiescence, agreement, assent, consent, concession, ... 更多反義詞 defiance
- ▪ the state or fact of according with or meeting rules or standards all imports of timber are in compliance with regulations this paper estimates the compliance costs of such a policy change 同義詞 obedience to, accordance with, observance of, observation of, adherence to, ... 更多反義詞 violation, infringement
- 2. the property of a material of undergoing elastic deformation or (of a gas) change in volume when subjected to an applied force. It is equal to the reciprocal of stiffness.
- ▪ the ability of an organ to distend in response to applied pressure.
- a person who is employed to ensure that a company does not contravene any statutes or ...
- failure to act in accordance with a wish or command: non-compliance with the formal requirements
- the action or fact of complying with a wish or command: they must secure each other's cooperation or compliance
Oxford American Dictionary