- (among men) a colleague or a fellow member of an organization；a fellow soldier or member of the armed forces
noun: comrade, plural noun: comrades
- 1. (among men) a colleague or a fellow member of an organization an old college comrade
- ▪ a fellow soldier or member of the armed forces Hewett turned and rushed to help his comrade
- ▪ a fellow socialist or communist (often as a form of address) ‘You're right, comrade’ Comrade Petrova
- ▪ (in South Africa) a young militant supporter of the African National Congress.
- a companion who shares one's activities or is a fellow member of an organization: an old college comrade
Oxford American Dictionary