- create (an embryo) by fertilizing an egg；(of a woman) become pregnant
verb: conceive, 3rd person present: conceives, gerund or present participle: conceiving, past tense: conceived, past participle: conceived
- 1. create (an embryo) by fertilizing an egg:
she was conceived when her father was 49
- 2. (of a woman) become pregnant:
five months ago Wendy conceived
- 3. form or devise (a plan or idea) in the mind:
the dam project was originally conceived in 1977
a brilliantly conceived and executed robbery
- 4. form a mental representation of; imagine:
without society an individual cannot be conceived as having rights
we could not conceive of such things happening to us
- 5. become affected by (a feeling):
I had conceived a passion for another
- v.become pregnant with (a child):
- she was conceived when her father was 49
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
... Principles set for general rules which are basically conceived for international commercial contract. 問題主要在於conceived for要怎麼理解比較...
... on the defendant's negligent deprivation of the parents' right not to conceive a child. 單字解釋(摘自Dr. eye 辭典)： 1. recover vt.【律】取得(損害...
... but it pours. 不鳴則已 一鳴驚人 7. What the mind can conceive,it can achieve. 有志者事竟成 8.You can not sell the cow and drink the milk...