- an abstract idea; a general notion；a plan or intention; a conception
noun: concept, plural noun: concepts
- 1. an abstract idea; a general notion structuralism is a difficult concept the concept of justice
- ▪ a plan or intention; a conception the center has kept firmly to its original concept
- ▪ an idea or invention to help sell or publicize a commodity a new concept in corporate hospitality
- ▪ (of a car or other vehicle) produced as an experimental model to test the viability of new design features a concept car for next month's Geneva motor show
- ▪ an idea or mental picture of a group or class of objects formed by combining all their aspects.