- relate to; be about；be relevant or important to; affect or involve
- anxiety; worry；a cause of anxiety or worry
noun: concern, plural noun: concerns
verb: concern, 3rd person present: concerns, gerund or present participle: concerning, past tense: concerned, past participle: concerned
- 1. relate to; be about:
the story concerns a friend of mine
the report is mainly concerned with 1984 onwards
- 2. be relevant or important to; affect or involve:
she was prying into that which did not concern her
many thanks to all concerned
- 3. interest or involve oneself in:
it is not necessary for us to concern ourselves with this point
- 4. have a specific connection with or responsibility for:
those concerned in industry, academia, and government
- 5. regard it as important to do something:
I was mainly concerned with making something that children could enjoy
- 6. make (someone) anxious or worried:
the roof of the barn concerns me because eventually it will fall in
don't concern yourself, old boy—my lips are sealed
- 1. anxiety; worry:
Carole gazed at her with concern
- 2. a cause of anxiety or worry:
- 3. a matter of interest or importance to someone:
housing is the concern of the Housing Executive
the prospect should be of concern to us all
- 4. a business:
the town's only travel agent was a small, debt-ridden concern
- 5. a complicated or awkward object.
Ｑ：那concern當＂關於＂解釋時，是只能用主動還是兩者都可？ corcern沒有被動語態對的， ex: concern當動詞「使關心」解釋時 (X) I concern your health. 我關心你的健康. 主動才對 － Your health concerns...
...跟這個字的用法比較有關, 跟文法比較沒關. 你所列出這兩點都是對的: (a) be concerned with = concern = be about = 和...有關 (b) be concerned about=be concerned...
小TT, 你寫的兩句中的concern都錯了，應訂正為are concerned。 2015...15:50:50 補充： DSG, 沒錯, 作「關於」意思時, concerning就是介系詞。 2015-03-21 23:22:36 補充： 不知道為什麼...