- 譴責；判處; 證明…有罪
過去式：condemned 過去分詞：condemned 現在分詞：condemning
- 1. 譴責 to condemn sb. for sth./doing sth. 因某事／做某事譴責某人 to condemn sth. as pointless/provocative 指責某事物毫無意義／有挑釁性
- 2. 判處; 證明…有罪 to condemn sb. to death/life imprisonment 判處某人死刑／終生監禁 she was condemned by her refusal to speak/out of her own mouth 她拒絕開口／她說的話證明了她自己有罪
- 3. 迫使…接受困境 to be condemned to do sth. 被迫做某事 to condemn sb. to sth. 迫使…接受某狀況
- 4. 宣告…不安全 the pool has been condemned as a health hazard 那個游泳池被宣布為健康隱患
1. express complete disapproval of; censure
2. sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, especially death
3. (of circumstances) force (someone) to endure or accept something unpleasant
4. prove or show to be guilty or unsatisfactory
5. officially declare (something) to be unfit for use
「1. express complete disapproval of; censure」的反義字
「2. sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, especially death」的反義字
... the log that evening, the captain found the innocent but condemning statement: "The captain was sober last night." 當船長晚上檢視...
...好的時候就用applaud: We applauded him for his courage. condemn /censure 責(罰) /責(罵) condemn 較 censure 來得嚴重 甚至帶有罰則! he judge condemned...
●可以用condemn ◎用法 vt. 1. 責難,責備,譴責[(+as)] 2. 宣告...有罪,判...刑[(+to)][O2...as)] 5. 宣告(某人)患不治之症 6. 宣告沒收,充公 Ｉ ＷＡＳ ＣＯＮＤＥＭＮＥＤ ＢＹ ＭＹ ＴＥＡＣＨＥＲ ＴＯＤＡＹ...