- intended to be kept secret；(of a person's tone of voice) indicating that what one says is private or secret
- 1. intended to be kept secret confidential information knowledge that was privileged and confidential
- ▪ (of a person's tone of voice) indicating that what one says is private or secret he dropped his voice to a confidential whisper
- ▪ entrusted with private or restricted information a confidential secretary
- (of a subject or information) not secret or confidential.
- intended to be kept secret: confidential information