- a group of people assembled for religious worship；a group of people regularly attending a particular place of worship
noun: congregation, plural noun: congregations
- 1. a group of people assembled for religious worship the singing of psalms by the whole congregation 同義詞
- ▪ a group of people regularly attending a particular place of worship he was a member of the Emmanuel Chapel congregation
- 2. a gathering or collection of people, animals, or things large congregations of birds may cause public harm 同義詞
- ▪ the action of gathering together in a crowd drought conditions lead to the congregation of animals around watering points
- 3. (in the Roman Catholic Church) a permanent committee of the College of Cardinals the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- ▪ British (in some universities) a general assembly of resident senior members.
- 4. a group of people obeying a common religious rule but under less solemn vows than members of the older religious orders the sisters of the Congregation of Our Lady
- ▪ a group of communities within a religious order sharing particular historical or regional links.
- 5. rare a flock of plovers this is a shorebird beach, with a congregation of plovers inhabiting it
- a group of people assembled for religious worship: the singing of psalms by the whole congregation
Oxford American Dictionary
...在這方面尤具彈性。 Solemnly the minister addressed her congregation. The minister solemnly addressed her congregation. The...
..., hollow between two hills; yard; pen, sheep enclosure; flock of sheep; church; congregation; group of believers (名) 折疊; 褶層; 褶, 褶痕; 團#羊欄; 羊群; 畜欄...
...什麼? 「Discount Assemblage 很有眾多折價的fu Benefit Congregation 」 肌膚檢測 skin test -->Correct! examine是exam的動詞，不適用於此...