- enlist (someone) compulsorily, typically into the armed services
- a person enlisted compulsorily
verb: conscript, 3rd person present: conscripts, gerund or present participle: conscripting, past tense: conscripted, past participle: conscripted
noun: conscript, plural noun: conscripts
- 1. enlist (someone) compulsorily, typically into the armed services they were conscripted into the army
- 1. a person enlisted compulsorily army conscripts conscript troops
- enlist (someone) compulsorily, typically into the armed services: they were conscripted into the army
- a person enlisted compulsorily: army conscripts conscript troops
Oxford American Dictionary
...從軍」，後面可以加 in the military 或「in + 軍種」，表示從軍的軍種。 join 和 conscript 是及物動詞。用 join 就不需 in，直接說: He joined the military...
...subscribe 訂閱superscribe 在...上寫上姓名地址transcribe 謄寫字尾是script:adscript 寫在後面的conscript 被徵召的 manuscript 手稿nondescript 難以形容postscript 附錄,跋prescript 命令;規定rescript...
... the general direction of transition (from assigned to actual), and not a conscripted "start" to "finish" process. Some transmen reject being...