- be composed or made up of；have (something) as an essential or the main feature
- a set of railway vehicles forming a complete train
verb: consist, 3rd person present: consists, gerund or present participle: consisting, past tense: consisted, past participle: consisted
- 1. be composed or made up of the crew consists of five men 同義詞
- ▪ formal have (something) as an essential or the main feature much propaganda simply consists in presenting the officially approved version of the truth as reality 同義詞
- 2. archaic be consistent with the information perfectly consists with our friend's account
- 1. a set of railway vehicles forming a complete train to turn an entire consist requires a wye
- be composed or made up of: the exhibition consists of 180 drawings
- a set of railroad vehicles forming a complete train: to turn an entire consist requires a wye
Oxford American Dictionary
make/consist/compose/form用法 (A) be made of : 用....做的, 例 This desk is made of wood. (這張桌子是用木頭做的) (B) be consisted of: consist應該不能用被動式, 所以沒有 be consisted of這種用法. 要用...
...的解答。 http://tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/question?qid=1007071703780 快速的解答是： consist of不可用被動式 be composed of sb/sth 或compose sth是較正式的用法...
consist of是phrasal verb片語動詞（請參見Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners 2007 edition p.314說明） 另一個是由consist形成的片語動詞是：consist in