- being a part of a whole；being a voting member of a community or organization and having the power to appoint or elect
- a member of a constituency.；a component part of something
noun: constituent, plural noun: constituents
- 1. being a part of a whole the constituent minerals of the rock
- 2. being a voting member of a community or organization and having the power to appoint or elect the constituent body has a right of veto
- ▪ able to make or change a political constitution a constituent assembly
- 1. a member of a constituency. 同義詞
- 2. a component part of something the essential constituents of the human diet 同義詞
- ▪ the common part of two or several more complex forms, e.g., gentle in gentleman, gentlemanly, ungentlemanly.
- ▪ a word or construction that is part of a larger construction.
- being a part of a whole: the constituent minerals of the rock
- a member of an area which elects a representative to a legislative body: the MP is playing on his constituents' sense of regional identity to win votes