- eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink)；(of a fire) completely destroy
verb: consume, 3rd person present: consumes, gerund or present participle: consuming, past tense: consumed, past participle: consumed
- 1. eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink) people consume a good deal of sugar in drinks 同義詞
- ▪ (of a fire) completely destroy the fire spread rapidly, consuming many homes 同義詞
- ▪ use up (a resource) this process consumes enormous amounts of energy 同義詞
- 2. buy (goods or services) accounting provides measures of the economic goods and services consumed
- 3. (of a feeling) completely fill the mind of (someone) Carolyn was consumed with guilt 同義詞
consumed a. (形容詞 adjective) 對(某種想法)著迷的;充滿(某種情感)的 The man is consumed with the idea of going abroad. 這人一心想著出國。 http://tw.dictionary.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&p=consumed
請問這句話中"by weight"是什麼意思? The brain weighs three pounds, but it consumes ten times more energy by weight than the rest of the body, a very exp?
...因為per = each，weight在指重量時，本身是不可數名詞）。 2. The brain consumes ten times more energy than the rest of the body. 腦子所消耗能量是身體其它...
...主詞 (第一個repair + ing 當主詞用)， 所以 Be 動詞用單數。 Time-consuming 意指為 花時間的， 耗時間的，相同用法有energy-consuming.. not to mention...