- eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink)；buy (goods or services).
verb: consume, 3rd person present: consumes, gerund or present participle: consuming, past tense: consumed, past participle: consumed
- 1. eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink) people consume a good deal of sugar in drinks 同義詞
- ▪ buy (goods or services).
- ▪ use up (a resource) these machines consume 5 percent of the natural gas in the U.S 同義詞
- ▪ (especially of a fire) completely destroy the fire spread rapidly, consuming many homes 同義詞
- ▪ (of a feeling) absorb all of the attention and energy of (someone) Carolyn was consumed with guilt 同義詞
- eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink): people consume a good deal of sugar in drinks
consumed a. (形容詞 adjective) 對(某種想法)著迷的;充滿(某種情感)的 The man is consumed with the idea of going abroad. 這人一心想著出國。 http://tw.dictionary.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&p=consumed
請問這句話中"by weight"是什麼意思? The brain weighs three pounds, but it consumes ten times more energy by weight than the rest of the body, a very exp?
...因為per = each，weight在指重量時，本身是不可數名詞）。 2. The brain consumes ten times more energy than the rest of the body. 腦子所消耗能量是身體其它...
...主詞 (第一個repair + ing 當主詞用)， 所以 Be 動詞用單數。 Time-consuming 意指為 花時間的， 耗時間的，相同用法有energy-consuming.. not to mention...