- the action of looking thoughtfully at something for a long time；deep reflective thought
noun: contemplation, plural noun: contemplations
- 1. the action of looking thoughtfully at something for a long time the road is too busy for leisurely contemplation of the scenery 同義詞
- ▪ deep reflective thought he would retire to his room for study or contemplation 同義詞
- ▪ the state of being considered or planned substantial fitting work is in contemplation
- ▪ religious meditation.
- ▪ a form of Christian prayer or meditation in which a person seeks to pass beyond mental images and concepts to a direct experience of the divine.