- forming an unbroken whole; without interruption；forming a series with no exceptions or reversals
- 1. forming an unbroken whole; without interruption the whole performance is enacted in one continuous movement
- ▪ forming a series with no exceptions or reversals there are continuous advances in design and production
- ▪ (of a function) of which the graph is a smooth unbroken curve, i.e. one such that as the value of x approaches any given value a, the value of f(x) approaches that of f(a) as a limit.
- 2. another term for progressive