- of or at a fairly low temperature；soothing or refreshing because of its low temperature
- a fairly low temperature；a time or place at which the temperature is pleasantly low
- become or cause to become less hot；become or cause to become calm or less excited
- 1. of or at a fairly low temperature it'll be a cool afternoon the wind kept them cool 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ soothing or refreshing because of its low temperature a cool drink in the leafy shade the bathroom was all glass and cool, muted blues 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (especially of clothing) keeping one from becoming too hot wear your cool, comfortable shirts
- 2. showing no friendliness toward a person or enthusiasm for an idea or project he gave a cool reception to the suggestion for a research center 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ free from excitement or anxiety he prided himself on keeping a cool head she seems cool, calm, and collected 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of jazz, especially modern jazz) restrained and relaxed.
- 3. informal fashionably attractive or impressive I always wore sunglasses to look cool 同義詞
- ▪ excellent a computer you didn't even have to plug in. Cool!
- ▪ used to express acceptance or agreement if people want to freak out at our clubs, that's cool
- 4. informal used to emphasize a specified quantity or amount, especially of money a cool $15,000 to buy the franchise
- 1. a fairly low temperature the cool of the night air 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a time or place at which the temperature is pleasantly low the cool of the evening
- 2. calmness; composure he recovered his cool and then started laughing at us
- 3. the quality of being fashionably attractive or impressive all the cool of high fashion
- 1. become or cause to become less hot we dived into the river to cool off cool the pastry for five minutes 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ become or cause to become calm or less excited after I'd cooled off, I realized I was being irrational George was trying to cool him down 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ recover from strenuous physical exertion by doing gentle stretches and exercises; warm down.
其實 cool 的意思就是酷. 然而, 這只是他們的口頭禅吧了. Eg: How do you like my dress? It's cool.... It looks great...cool. Eg: How do I look...
001.Stop complaining! 別發牢騷！ 002.You make me sick! 你真讓我噁心！ 003.What's wrong with you? 你怎麼回事？ 004.You shouldn't have done that! 你真不應該那樣做! 005.You're a jerk! 你是個廢物/混球！ 006.Don't talk to me like...
water cooler就是飲水機 topic是「主題」的意思 但是water cooler topic跟飲水機的話題...也免不了閒聊些不正經的話題。而這個休息室內幾乎都會設有飲水機，所以water cooler topic就是指一般上班族閒聊的話題。