- a person who is too ill to leave their bed；a person who is incapacitated by alcohol.
noun: cot-case, plural noun: cot-cases
- 1. a person who is too ill to leave their bed cot cases from the hospital were gently lowered to the boats
- ▪ a person who is incapacitated by alcohol.
- ▪ an eccentric or mad person.
- 2. a person or thing regarded as useless or unable to cope the domestic aviation market is a cot case at present this friend of mine is just a cot case at present because she's got no income