- two individuals of the same sort considered together；a pair of partners in a dance or game.
- combine；connect (a railroad vehicle or a piece of equipment) to another
noun: couple, plural noun: couples
verb: couple, 3rd person present: couples, gerund or present participle: coupling, past tense: coupled, past participle: coupled
- 1. two individuals of the same sort considered together a couple of girls were playing marbles 同義詞
- ▪ a pair of partners in a dance or game.
- ▪ a pair of equal and parallel forces acting in opposite directions, and tending to cause rotation about an axis perpendicular to the plane containing them.
- 2. two people who are married, engaged, or otherwise closely associated romantically or sexually in three weeks the couple fell in love and became engaged a honeymoon couple 同義詞
- 3. informal an indefinite small number he hoped she'd be better in a couple of days we got some eggs—would you like a couple?
- 1. combine a sense of hope is coupled with a palpable sense of loss 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ connect (a railroad vehicle or a piece of equipment) to another a cable is coupled up to one of the wheels
- ▪ connect (two electrical components) using electromagnetic induction, electrostatic charge, or an optical link resistors are used to couple the oscillators 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ join to form a pair the beetles may couple up to form a pair
- 2. mate or have sexual intercourse as middle-class youth grew more tolerant of sex, they started to couple more often
couple 如果用來當數字用, 指兩個. a couple of apples 等於 two apples. a couple of...用法, 以下有幾個例子, 像是 20 best TV couples of all time, "電視史上的二十對最佳螢幕情侶"...
是的, 外國人也用a couple of 來表示 「幾個」, 等同於a few 或 several. 例如: a couple of hours...有一些文法瑕疵: 1) 兩個句子不可僅以逗號連接, 此處可加連接詞and或while. 2) couple不是形容詞, 應改為a couple of. I have reviewed the project, and a couple...
... 中文是指次數....次數... 一次二次三次..... 是可數名詞... a couple of + 可數名詞 所以是 a couple of times 但是 time 如果沒加 &...