- a device for connecting parts of machinery；a fitting on the end of a railroad vehicle for connecting it to another
noun: coupling, plural noun: couplings
- 1. a device for connecting parts of machinery undo the couplings so you can lift the pump out
- ▪ a fitting on the end of a railroad vehicle for connecting it to another a train with couplings of the continental pattern
- 2. the pairing of two items the coupling of coaching and personal training this coupling of two of the greatest works of Haydn
- ▪ an interaction between two electrical components by electromagnetic induction, electrostatic charge, or optical link mutually inductive coupling
- 3. the action of mating or having sexual intercourse.
couple 如果用來當數字用, 指兩個. a couple of apples 等於 two apples. a couple of...用法, 以下有幾個例子, 像是 20 best TV couples of all time, "電視史上的二十對最佳螢幕情侶"...
是的, 外國人也用a couple of 來表示 「幾個」, 等同於a few 或 several. 例如: a couple of hours...有一些文法瑕疵: 1) 兩個句子不可僅以逗號連接, 此處可加連接詞and或while. 2) couple不是形容詞, 應改為a couple of. I have reviewed the project, and a couple...
... 中文是指次數....次數... 一次二次三次..... 是可數名詞... a couple of + 可數名詞 所以是 a couple of times 但是 time 如果沒加 &...