- the route or direction followed by a ship, aircraft, road, or river；the way in which something progresses or develops
- (of liquid) move without obstruction; flow；pursue (game, especially hares) with greyhounds using sight rather than scent
verb: course, 3rd person present: courses, gerund or present participle: coursing, past tense: coursed, past participle: coursed
noun: course, plural noun: courses
- 1. the route or direction followed by a ship, aircraft, road, or river the road adopts a tortuous course along the coast the new fleet changed course to join the other ships 同義詞 route, way, track, direction, tack, ... 更多
- ▪ the way in which something progresses or develops the course of history 同義詞 progression, development, progress, advance, advancement, ... 更多
- ▪ a procedure adopted to deal with a situation my decision had seemed to be the wisest course open to me at the time 同義詞 plan (of action), course of action, method of working, MO, line of action, ... 更多
- 2. a dish, or a set of dishes served together, forming one of the successive parts of a meal guests are offered a choice of main course a four-course meal 同義詞 dish, menu item
- 3. an area of land set aside and prepared for racing, golf, or another sport. 同義詞 track, racetrack, racecourse, circuit, ground, ... 更多
- 4. a series of lectures or lessons in a particular subject, typically leading to a qualification a business studies course 同義詞 program of study, course of study, educational program, set of lectures, curriculum, ... 更多
- ▪ a series of repeated treatments or doses of medication the doctor prescribed a course of antibiotics 同義詞 program, series, sequence, system, schedule, ... 更多
- 5. a continuous horizontal layer of brick, stone, or other material in a building. 同義詞 layer, thickness, stratum, seam, vein, ... 更多
- 6. a pursuit of game (especially hares) with greyhounds by sight rather than scent.
- 7. the lowest sail on a square-rigged mast.
- 8. a set of adjacent strings on a guitar, lute, etc., tuned to the same note.
- 1. (of liquid) move without obstruction; flow tears were coursing down her cheeks exultation coursed through him 同義詞 flow, pour, race, stream, run, ... 更多
- 2. pursue (game, especially hares) with greyhounds using sight rather than scent many of the hares coursed escaped unharmed she would course for hares with her greyhounds 同義詞 hunt, chase, pursue, stalk, run down, ... 更多