- a period during which a couple develop a romantic relationship before getting married；behaviour designed to persuade someone to marry or develop a romantic relationship with one
noun: courtship, plural noun: courtships
- 1. a period during which a couple develop a romantic relationship before getting married:
he married his wife after a whirlwind courtship
- 2. behaviour designed to persuade someone to marry or develop a romantic relationship with one:
his courtship of Emma was idyllically happy
- 3. the behaviour of male birds and other animals aimed at attracting a mate.
- 4. the action of attempting to win a person's favour or support:
the country's courtship of foreign investors
... ChristIn Lord 2006-07-06 01:45:09 補充： 以我所知Courtship除了「追求期」、「戀愛期」外，應沒其他解釋。
...下星期完婚 The two were childhood friends and began a courtship nearly three years ago. 他們兩個曾是兒時玩伴爾且在將近三年前開始交往...
補充: airship kinship warship worship flagship headship ladyship lordship township wardship courtship lightship spaceship transship troopship battleship censorship fellowship mastership membership penmanship seamanship generalship workmanship