- a thin, crisp wafer often eaten with cheese or other savory toppings.；a person or thing that cracks.
noun: cracker, plural noun: crackers
- 1. a thin, crisp wafer often eaten with cheese or other savory toppings.
- 2. a person or thing that cracks.
- ▪ a person who breaks into a computer system, typically for an illegal purpose computer crackers will push the outer limits of network security
- ▪ an installation for cracking hydrocarbons a catalytic cracker
- 3. US offensive another term for poor white
- 4. British informal a fine example of something don't miss this cracker of a CD
- 5. British a paper cylinder that is pulled apart at Christmas or other celebrations, making a sharp noise and releasing a small toy or other novelty.
- ▪ a firework that explodes with a sharp noise.