- a person or thing that cracks.；an installation for cracking hydrocarbons
noun: cracker, plural noun: crackers
- 1. a person or thing that cracks.
- ▪ an installation for cracking hydrocarbons a catalytic cracker
- ▪ a person who breaks into a computer system, typically for an illegal purpose.
- 2. a decorated paper cylinder which, when pulled apart, makes a sharp noise and releases a small toy or other novelty a Christmas cracker
- ▪ a firework that explodes with a sharp noise.
- 3. a thin dry biscuit, typically eaten with cheese the sausage is delicious on hot toast or crackers
- ▪ a light crisp made of rice or tapioca flour prawn crackers
- 4. British informal a fine example of something don't miss this cracker of a CD
- ▪ an attractive person, especially a woman you look a cracker
- 5. US offensive another term for poor white