- a small fragment of bread, cake, or biscuit；the soft inner part of a loaf of bread
- cover (food) with breadcrumbs
noun: crumb, plural noun: crumbs
- 1. a small fragment of bread, cake, or biscuit she brushed some cake crumbs off her dress a crispy crumb topping
- ▪ the soft inner part of a loaf of bread a morsel of crumb will often tempt a chub
- 2. a very small amount of something the Budget provided few crumbs of comfort
- ▪ an unfair and inadequate share of something large a multi-billion dollar franchise and the family of the creator doesn't even get crumbs from the table endless scrabbling for crumbs from the public spending table is undermining morale
- 3. North American informal an objectionable or contemptible person he's an absolute crumb
- 4. granulated rubber, usually made from recycled car tyres.
- 1. cover (food) with breadcrumbs while the sweet potato is cooking, crumb the fish
settle for crumbs 字面意義是: 滿足於一些小屑渣子、殘羹剩飯 安於次等的現況 (其實有更好的選擇卻不積極取得) (與妥協議意仍有出入) 2009-10-15 17:03:04 補充： 沒魚蝦也好!? 退而求其次~
... you help me fold the bicycle？ 你可以幫我摺疊腳踏車嗎？ crumbs：哎呀；天阿 Crumbs！You cast away all my books...
之前看到一段句子，The pigeons pecked at the bread crumbs the old man scattered on the ground. 請問這段是用怎樣的語法...