- reach a climax or point of highest development；be the climax or point of highest development of
verb: culminate, 3rd person present: culminates, gerund or present participle: culminating, past tense: culminated, past participle: culminated
- 1. reach a climax or point of highest development the tensions and disorders which culminated in World War II
- ▪ be the climax or point of highest development of her book culminated a research project on the symmetry studies of Escher
- ▪ (of a celestial body) reach the highest point at the meridian.
- reach a climax or point of highest development: weeks of violence culminated in the brutal murder of a magistrate