- prepare and use (land) for crops or gardening；break up (soil) in preparation for sowing or planting
verb: cultivate, 3rd person present: cultivates, gerund or present participle: cultivating, past tense: cultivated, past participle: cultivated
- 1. prepare and use (land) for crops or gardening the peasants who cultivated the land became its owners 同義詞
- ▪ break up (soil) in preparation for sowing or planting damp, well-cultivated soil
- ▪ raise or grow (plants), especially on a large scale for commercial purposes they were encouraged to cultivate basic food crops walnuts were cultivated for salad oil 同義詞
- ▪ grow or maintain (living cells or tissue) in culture blood cells that can be most easily cultivated are macrophages
- 2. try to acquire or develop (a quality or skill) he cultivated an air of indifference 同義詞
- ▪ try to win the friendship or favour of (someone) it helps if you go out of your way to cultivate the local people 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ try to improve or develop (one's mind). 同義詞
...學生 personal contacts 個人社交 ~舉凡家人,親朋好友,認識不認識的都算 cultivate commitment 代耕 ~不太確定,照字面cultivate是耕作的意思, commitment有委任之意 似乎...
...gt;Planting Ceiba pentandra raised( or nursed, cultivated) by our school. 2010-06-17 13:37:19 補充： 真是粗心ㄚ, 忽略了最重要的...
1 be well worth cultivating(非常值得培養)是個片語 但有一句it is a...a daily walk. It is a habit well worth cultivating. 在第二句當中，it = to take a daily walk (不定詞片語...