- a point of transition between two different states；a pointed end where two curves meet.
noun: cusp, plural noun: cusps
- 1. a point of transition between two different states those on the cusp of adulthood
- 2. a pointed end where two curves meet.
- ▪ a moulded projection at the point of a small arch in Gothic tracery.
- ▪ a cone-shaped prominence on the surface of a tooth.
- ▪ a pocket or fold in the wall of the heart or a major blood vessel that fills and distends if the blood flows backwards, so forming part of a valve.
- ▪ a point at which the direction of a curve is abruptly reversed.
- ▪ each of the pointed ends of the crescent moon.
- ▪ a sharp rigid point of a leaf.
- 3. the initial point of an astrological sign or house he was Aries on the cusp with Taurus
- a point of transition between two different states: those on the cusp of adulthood
Oxford American Dictionary