- believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity；doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile
- 1. believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity her cynical attitude
- ▪ doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city
- ▪ contemptuous; mocking he gave a cynical laugh
- 2. concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them a cynical manipulation of public opinion
- believing that people are motivated purely by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or ... he was brutally cynical and hardened to every sob story under the sun
...which opens today nationwide, is less an act of homage than a clumsy and cynical bit of piracy, designed to steal time and money from schoolchildren...
Dear Azrael, It's too cynical! 怎你自己就取了個"死神"的名字，Azrael！ 你應該是有生命...