- (in Christian belief) be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell；be doomed to misfortune or failure
- expressing anger or frustration
- used to emphasize or express anger or frustration with someone or something
- used for emphasis or to express anger or frustration
verb: damn, 3rd person present: damns, gerund or present participle: damning, past tense: damned, past participle: damned
- 1. (in Christian belief) be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell be forever damned with Lucifer
- ▪ be doomed to misfortune or failure the enterprise was damned
- 2. criticize strongly the book damns her husband 同義詞 condemn, censure, criticize, attack, denounce, ... 更多反義詞 acclaim, praise
- ▪ curse (someone or something) she cleared her throat, damning it for its huskiness damn him for making this sound trivial 同義詞 curse, put a curse on, put the evil eye on, execrate, imprecate, ... 更多反義詞 bless
- 1. informal expressing anger or frustration Damn! I completely forgot!
- 1. informal used to emphasize or express anger or frustration with someone or something turn that damn thing off!
- 1. informal used for emphasis or to express anger or frustration don't be so damn silly!