- slightly wet
- moisture diffused through the air or a solid substance or condensed on a surface, typically with detrimental or unpleasant effects；short for firedamp
- make (something) slightly wet；make a fire burn less strongly by reducing the flow of air to it
noun: damp, plural noun: damps
verb: damp, 3rd person present: damps, gerund or present participle: damping, past tense: damped, past participle: damped
- 1. slightly wet her hair was still damp from the shower damp November evenings
- 1. moisture diffused through the air or a solid substance or condensed on a surface, typically with detrimental or unpleasant effects the house reeked of mould and damp
- ▪ short for firedamp
- ▪ archaic damp air or atmosphere the damps of the valley
- 2. archaic a discouragement or check shame gave a damp to her triumph
- 1. make (something) slightly wet damp a small area with water
- 2. make a fire burn less strongly by reducing the flow of air to it he damped down the fire for the night
- ▪ control or restrain a feeling or a situation she tried to damp down her feelings of despair
- 3. reduce or stop the vibration of (the strings of a piano or other musical instrument) so as to reduce the volume of sound the muted notes should be produced by damping the strings at the seventh position an ensemble of drums including a foot-damped instrument
- ▪ progressively reduce the amplitude of (an oscillation or vibration) concrete structures damp out any vibrations a damped suspension that isolates the chassis from external vibration
Can you describe the color and range of the VU meter and the width and damping of its needle? damping衰減/減幅/阻尼 damping of its...
牆壁上有一片片潮濕的地方, 意思就是 ---> "油漆未乾"牆壁上有一片片潮濕的地方, 意思就是 ---> "油漆未乾"牆壁上有一片片潮濕的地方, 意思就是 ---> "油漆未乾"
...fog) *沒有使用在煙霧上 所以通常指天氣起霧 多用mist 指香煙的煙霧 用haze 2.damp當名詞時是''微濕'' 形容詞的時候是"潮濕的"，才用在氣候 [uncountable...