過去式：dared 過去分詞：dared 現在分詞：daring
- 1. 敢；竟敢 How dare you ask me such a question? 你怎敢問我這樣的問題？ My younger sister dare not go out alone. 我妹妹不敢單獨出去。
- 1. 敢；膽敢[+to-v] He did not dare to leave his car there. 他不敢把車停放在那裡。
- 2. 挑逗，激[O2] I dare you to cheat me. 諒你也不敢欺騙我。
- 3. 敢於面對，敢冒（險） She dared the anger of her father. 她不怕惹她父親發火。
- 1. 果敢行為
- 2. 挑戰
- 大膽的，勇敢的；敢於冒險的 He had proved himself a most daring airman. 他已證明自己是個極其勇敢的飛行員。
- 勇敢；膽量[U] He showed great daring. 他顯示了極大的勇氣。
- 膽大的; 大膽的 a daring new art form 驚世駭俗的新藝術形式
- 因受到激將 He only entered the competition for a dare. 他只是因為受人激將才參加競賽。
- 我相信; 可能 I dare say you are British but you still need a passport to prove it. 我相信你是英國人, 但仍需有護照加以證明。 I would imagine he's forgotten. I dare say! “我猜想他忘記了。” “很可能!”
- （我想）大概；可能 There's something wrong with the TV set, I dare say. 我想電視機大概有點毛病。
- 激 to dare sb. to do sth. 激某人做某事 somebody dared me to jump off the bridge 有人激我從橋上跳下去
- 敢 to dare (to) do sth. 敢做某事 she dare(s) not or daren't or doesn't dare leave the baby alone 她不敢讓寶寶獨自待著
- 激將 to do sth. for a dare 受到激將做某事 why did you climb on to the roof? — it was a dare 你怎麼爬到房頂上了？──有人激我呢
... to translate as: To my surprise, he dares NOT to tell me this thing ! dare not is... explanation. 2011-11-03 22:32:12 補充： "dare" is just a regular verb, however, sometimes, it ...
DARE may be used as a main verb and as a semi-modal. "One DARE...actually do. As a main verb functions some verbal phrase with the verb DARE in an exclamative way: "Someone daring to do something" and in ...
How dare you tell me to shut up! 你竟敢叫我閉嘴! dare是助動詞, 性質與can, may, must, do/does, have/has, will/shall等一樣. dare也可當及物動詞用. 例如: I dare not walk alone in the dark. = I don...