- (of a person or action) adventurous or audaciously bold；causing outrage or surprise by being boldly unconventional
- adventurous courage
- 1. (of a person or action) adventurous or audaciously bold a daring crime
- ▪ causing outrage or surprise by being boldly unconventional he rapidly discovered an audience hungry for his daring new works
- 1. adventurous courage the daring of the players brings fortune or ruin
- (of a person or action) adventurous or audaciously bold: a daring crime
- adventurous courage: the zeal and daring of climbers
Oxford American Dictionary
... to translate as: To my surprise, he dares NOT to tell me this thing ! dare not is... explanation. 2011-11-03 22:32:12 補充： "dare" is just a regular verb, however, sometimes, it ...
DARE may be used as a main verb and as a semi-modal. "One DARE...actually do. As a main verb functions some verbal phrase with the verb DARE in an exclamative way: "Someone daring to do something" and in ...
How dare you tell me to shut up! 你竟敢叫我閉嘴! dare是助動詞, 性質與can, may, must, do/does, have/has, will/shall等一樣. dare也可當及物動詞用. 例如: I dare not walk alone in the dark. = I don...