- run or travel somewhere in a great hurry；strike or fling (something) somewhere with great force, especially so as to have a destructive effect; hurl
- used to express mild annoyance
- an act of running somewhere suddenly and hastily；a journey or period of time characterized by urgency or eager haste
verb: dash, 3rd person present: dashes, gerund or present participle: dashing, past tense: dashed, past participle: dashed
noun: dash, plural noun: dashes
- 1. run or travel somewhere in a great hurry I dashed into the garden I must dash, I'm late 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. strike or fling (something) somewhere with great force, especially so as to have a destructive effect; hurl the ship was dashed upon the rocks 同義詞
- ▪ come into forceful contact with something a gust of rain dashed against the bricks 同義詞
- ▪ destroy or frustrate (a person's hopes or expectations) the budget dashed hopes of an increase in funding 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause (someone) to lose confidence I won't tell Stuart—I think he'd be dashed
- 1. British informal used to express mild annoyance “Dash it all, I am in charge.”
- 1. an act of running somewhere suddenly and hastily she made a dash for the door
- ▪ a journey or period of time characterized by urgency or eager haste a 20-mile dash to the airport
- ▪ North American a short, fast race run in one heat; a sprint the 100-yard dash 同義詞
- 2. a small quantity of a substance, especially a liquid, added to something else whiskey with a dash of soda
- ▪ a small amount of a particular quality adding piquancy or distinctiveness to something else a casual atmosphere with a dash of sophistication 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. a horizontal stroke in writing or printing to mark a pause or break in sense or to represent omitted letters or words.
- ▪ the longer signal of the two used in Morse code.
- ▪ a short vertical mark placed above or beneath a note to indicate that it is to be performed in a very staccato manner.
- 4. impetuous or flamboyant vigor and confidence; panache he has youthful energy, dash, and charisma 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. informal short for dashboard