- the day of the month or year as specified by a number；a particular day or year when a given event occurred or will occur
- establish or ascertain the date of (an object or event)；mark with a date
noun: date, plural noun: dates
verb: date, 3rd person present: dates, gerund or present participle: dating, past tense: dated, past participle: dated
- 1. the day of the month or year as specified by a number:
what's the date today?
please give your name, address, and date of birth
- 2. a particular day or year when a given event occurred or will occur:
1066 is the most famous date in English history
- 3. the years of a particular person's birth and death or of the beginning and end of a particular period or event.
- 4. the period of time to which an artefact or structure belongs:
the church is the largest of its date
- 5. a social or romantic appointment or engagement:
I've got a hot date
we made a date for eleven the next morning
- 6. a person with whom one has a date:
my date isn't going to show, it seems
- 7. a musical or theatrical engagement or performance, especially as part of a tour:
most large bands play one big date in Scotland
- 1. establish or ascertain the date of (an object or event):
they date the paintings to 1460–70
- 2. mark with a date:
sign and date the document
- 3. originate at a particular time; have existed since:
the controversy dates back to 1986
- 4. reveal (someone) as being old-fashioned:
jazzy—does that word date me?
- 5. seem old-fashioned:
the coat may be pricey but it will never date
- 6. go out with (someone in whom one is romantically or sexually interested):
a few years ago, I dated the ex of a friend
they have been dating for more than a year
... Woman (通常指性感的女性) 以外其實 hot date 還是可以指 有性暗示的約會 Remember to wear... would not be caught dead in daggy undies on a hot date ex3. Keep things cold on a hot date with the...
date to... 是年份可追朔到... 後面要接年份, 日期. 像例句中的三百七十五萬年前...十八世紀, 或是西元1689年等. 翻譯時譯成, 這個東西的年份可追朔到西元1800年. date at... 是年代判定, 鑒別 後面要接一段時間. 像例句中的三千四百萬年, 或是兩百...
我想你可能看到英文信有 dated 這個字, dated 是形容詞, 表示 "有日期的...", 如 your letter...2008 動詞則有 "加上日期" 的意思, 也可用"約會" 如 A dated with B yesterday.