- a girl or woman in relation to either or both of her parents.；a female offspring of an animal.
noun: daughter, plural noun: daughters
- 1. a girl or woman in relation to either or both of her parents.
- ▪ a female offspring of an animal.
- ▪ a female descendant we are the sons and daughters of Adam
- ▪ a woman considered in relation to her native country or area the heptathlete could become one of Yorkshire's most famous daughters
- ▪ a woman considered as the product of a particular person, influence, or environment a daughter of the dry savannas of Africa
- ▪ archaic used as a term of affectionate address to a woman or girl, typically by an older person.
- ▪ literary a thing personified as a daughter in relation to its origin or source Italian, the eldest daughter of ancient Latin
- 2. a nuclide formed by the radioactive decay of another as radon gas decays it produces daughters that attach themselves to dust particles